Wednesday 22 March 2017

My first baby gift

As soon as I heard that my beautiful cousin was expecting a baby I knew i wanted to make something special. I decided on a quilt as it is something that can be used in so many ways and that can last forever. I wanted to focus on getting better at simple patchwork and knowing she was expecting a baby boy I found this gorgeous fabric bundle at Always Knitting and Sewing 

I loved the giraffe print so ordered some extra of this to really make it the feature of the quilt. 

As it was for a baby I decided to go with smaller size than my previous quilts and managed to pull this together in a weekend. I layered it with a medium wadding, backed it with a matching lemon fabric and finished with a lemon bias binding edging. 

This has a lot less mistakes than my earlier efforts and I am really pleased with how lovely it is. The Mum-to-be loved it too so a job well done! 

No comments:

Post a Comment