Tuesday 28 February 2017

Does Charlie like Dinosaurs?

When buying some fabric recently for a couple of baby quilts I want to make, I stumbled across the most amazing fabric shop online. Always Knitting and Sewing has quickly become my favourite place to buy fabric. They do beautiful bundles of fat quarters, quarter metre squares which are perfect for quilting. Their fabrics are great quality and really good value. On my latest visit I decided to buy a "surprise" pack of remnant fabric. 

Within the pack was a gorgeous piece of dinosaur fabric. My friend has a 2 year old son so I sent her a message saying "does Charlie like dinosaurs?". This photo was her reply...

Being quite a bit smaller than my last quilt, this one came together really quickly. I cut the material into 6inch squares and combined it with some blue and grey that I already had. I then decided to back it in a different dinosaur print, which clashed a bit, but in a really good way. 

The quilt turned out really well and ended up being the perfect size for a two year old. Today I took it to Charlie and in return he showed me the most adorable "dinosaur roar" impression😍








No comments:

Post a Comment