Thursday 23 March 2017

The great trouser disaster

When I first got my sewing machine I had brought some remnant fabric really cheap and wanted to use it for something. I found a pattern online for some casual lounging trousers and thought the dark grey jersey fabric would be perfect for them. 

The pattern gave specific instructions for the waist measurement on the trousers but I couldn't get my head around why the waist needed to be so wide so I might had fudged it a bit....surely it wouldn't matter right? Well yes, it mattered quite a lot actually, more about that later.

So the trouser pattern basically involved 2 front legs and 2 back legs and the first step was to sew each front and back together at the side seams. In my defence, I was pretty tired by this point and I managed to sew two trouser fronts as one leg and two trouser backs as another. By the time I realised my mistake it was too late, the damage had been done I had a pair of trousers that were too tight around the waist and that had one leg wider than the other 😂😂 

Thankfully I saw the funny side of it and after sharing a few photos and laughs, I put them aside and moved on to the next project. 




No comments:

Post a Comment